Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Daily Dose of "Randomness"

Like that?  Randomness...the act of anything random with "ness" added on the end.  Just in case anyone was wondering about that:)  I have done a little make-up shopping the past few days at Ulta and thought I would share my goodies with you all.  

First of all, I have been on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation for some time now, without any luck.  I have used a lot of the high end stuff (i.e. Bare Escentuals, MUFE, Nars, etc.) and while I do like some of them (Nars Sheer Glow is amazing!) I would like to find something a little less pricey to wear for everyday use.  Now, my skin has changed a lot since having kids.  Especially since I have had my daughter.  I don't have a problem with my skin being to dry or to oily, but I do have a problem with some horrible dark circles, redness around my nose and larger pores around my nose as well.  

With that being said, I heard that Revlon released a new PhotoReady Airbrush foundation recently that is a mousse.  I have heard mixed reviews on this.  Some saying that it has to much sparkle and others saying it has a horrible smell.  I figured I would give it a try since Ulta has a great return policy if it doesn't work out.  I bought it in the shade Shell.  I also picked up a Revlon lip gloss in Pink Whisper, which is a soft baby pink.  
I also went ahead and picked up the Organix Brazilian Keratin shampoo and conditioner.  Michele1218 on Youtube had this in her 11 favorite products of 2011 so it must be something special:)  
I also got 2 new nail polishes.  One from the Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor collection and another one from Revlon.  I picked up Kendall on the Katwalk and Starry Pink by Revlon.  Kendall on the Katwalk is a gorgeous blue glittery polish with tiny flecks of blue and purple in it.  Starry Pink is a milky pale pink with chunkier silver glitter in it.  I just painted Kendall on the Katwalk on my nails and love it!  Definitely outside the shades I normally wear.  



And then I enjoyed a little bit of this...


While spending time with my two babies:)

Love these two!  Hope you all are having a blessed week so far!  It's almost the weekend:))

XOXO





2 comments:

  1. It is my new years resolution to doll myself up more. I've never been a make-up person so I'll have to check out your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it. Product reviews always help me. I use the Keratin shampoo and conditioner and I'm a big fan. Since it's sulfate and sodium free it doesn't strip your hair of good oils, I have been using it for a while and my hair is a lot healthier.

    www.akeenesenseofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete